Studies and research surrounding Selective Mutism are scarce and textbook descriptions are often nonexistent or limited. In many situations, the information is inaccurate and misleading. As a result, few people truly understand Selective Mutism.
A personal experience inspired Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum to delve into the enigma that was Selective Mutism and has since dedicated the past 20 years of her life to studying, researching, and treating children who suffer in silence. Below is a collection of research studies, literature, and other resources to spread awareness and promote understanding and support of children and teens with Selective Mutism.
- The SMart Mart: Books and e-books
- The SMart Mart: Webinar recordings
- Printable Sign for Trick-or-Treating
- Handout: Tricks-AND-Treats for a Successful, Communicative Halloween
- About My Child – Educational handout for relatives and friends (download right)
- The Spot: Helping the Child/Teen Build Social Comfort in School
- FAQs & The SM Interview Game®: Resource Kit for Professionals