If you’re looking to positively impact the life of a child, teen, or adult suffering in silence, we encourage you to join us. Click on the Job Titles below to read the full description:
We are recruiting volunteer counselors for CommuniCamp™ Intensive Group Treatment and Parent Training Programs for Selective Mutism! CommuniCamp™ is a 3+ day intensive group treatment program for children and teens ages 3-17 with Selective Mutism (SM), Social Communication Anxiety, and Extreme Shyness. Held in Jenkintown, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area), this program is based on Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum’s evidence-based Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®) model. Counselors will receive live, hands-on S-CAT® training and experience working with children and/or teens with SM.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a CV or resume attention to: CommuniCamp Counselor Supervisor at email@example.com
Upcoming CommuniCamp™ Programs:
- January 13-16, 2023
- February 17-20, 2023
- March 24-27, 2023
- Licensed Mental Health professional and/or therapist (psychologists, social workers etc., including art and music therapists)
- Licensed Speech and Language Therapist or Occupational Therapist
- Doctoral or Master’s-level students in any of the specialties listed above (mist be enrolled and actively taking courses)
- College seniors majoring in Psychology or related fields and interested in working with children. Must have direct experience working with children.
- Complete web-based training
- Attend an on-site training the day before the program (10:00am – 4:00pm)
- Attend the pre-camp Orientation with patients and their families the evening before the program (4:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Attend CommuniCamp in its entirety (8:00am – 3:30pm daily)
- Provide copies of all required clearances (PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal History Record & FBI Background Clearance)
- Be prepared to work with 3-17-year-old children who struggle with SM, social anxiety etc.
- Report directly to Head Counselor
- Complete daily progress notes for 2-3 children
- Arrive on-time and remain on-site for the duration of the program
- Follow the dress code and behave in a professional manner
- Bring individuality and tons of energy. Be ready to have fun!
The Selective Mutism Anxiety and Related Disorders Treatment Center and SMart Center Counseling & Assessments is pleased to announce one opening in our one-two year postdoctoral fellowship in clinical psychology.
The SMart Center and SMart Center Counseling & Assessments specializes in assessing and treating children, teens, and adults with Selective Mutism, social anxiety/shyness, social communication (pragmatic) disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, anxiety-related disorders and an array of mental health disorders. Our “whole-person” approach is rooted in treating the individual, not just his or her diagnosis.
For Selective Mutism, Social Communication Anxiety Treatment (S-CAT), a CBT-based, whole person treatment is used at the SMart Center but other treatments including PCIT-SM are helpful and complimentary. S-CAT will be taught during postdoc year.
Applicants must have completed or be near completion of an APA-accredited doctoral program and predoctoral internship. Applicants must have formal training and supervision in clinical psychology. Experience in assessments including ADOS, is helpful, but it is not required.
Applicants will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Handle/orchestrate triage calls and perform intakes/Internships
- Implement individualized treatment including initial Jump Starts, Intensive 1-2 programs, ongoing psychotherapy.
- Lead weekly virtual or in person groups for children, teens and adults that include support groups
- Participate in the 3+ day intensive group treatment, (CommuniCamp) that are held over long weekends (Thur-Sun or Fri-Mon) as lead CommuniCamp Counselors to children/teens *ages 3- 17)
- Perform full battery assessments & diagnostic rule outs for all mental health disorders.
- Program development
- Administrative tasks associated with clinical work.
- Supervise doctoral externs during weekly supervision plus offer office hours during the week to train externs.
- Opportunities for research via the Selective Mutism Research Institute (SMRI)
- Opportunities to Perform trainings.
- Opportunities to present workshops, lectures at professional conferences
- Opportunities for outreach at fairs/conference and schools.
The SMart Center is directed by Elisa Shipon-Blum DO. The Director of Clinical Training is William LaValle PSYD.
The applicant’s primary supervisor is Dr. LaValle but will receive S-CAT Training and additional weekly supervision also with Dr. Shipon-Blum and Jennifer Brittingham LPC. Opportunities for a full-time job are available upon completion of the postdoc.
Job Type: Full-time in-person, telehealth opportunities.
Competitive pay and Benefits:
• Paid time off that include: 2 wks. (10 days) plus 6 major holidays.
• Comp time above/beyond 40 hours per week upon approval (ie, if work CommuniCamp weekends or longer days)
• Health and Dental insurance
• Phone reimbursement
• 40-hour wk.
• 8-hour shifts
• Primarily Monday to Friday
• 1-2 evenings per week (8 pm EST).
• 6-8 weekends per year for intensive group treatment and parent training program, CommuniCamp.
• Doctorate (Required)
License/Certification: Not req.
• Jenkintown, PA
Start date: June ’23 (Negotiable based on timing)
For questions and to submit CV and 2 professional references to: DrE@SelectiveMutismCenter.Org Resources: www.SelectiveMutismCenter.org www.SelectiveMutismResearch.org www.SMartCenterCounseling.org