If you’re looking to positively impact the life of a child, teen, or adult suffering in silence, we encourage you to join us. Click on the Job Titles below to read the full description:
We are recruiting volunteer counselors for our upcoming 2022 CommuniCamp™ Intensive Group Treatment and Parent Training Programs for Selective Mutism! CommuniCamp™ is a 3+ day intensive group treatment program for children and teens ages 3-17 with Selective Mutism (SM), Social Communication Anxiety, and Extreme Shyness. Held in Jenkintown, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area), this program is based on Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum’s evidence-based Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®) model. Counselors will receive live, hands-on S-CAT® training and experience working with children and/or teens with SM.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a CV or resume attention to: CommuniCamp Counselor Supervisor at email@example.com
Upcoming CommuniCamp™ Programs:
- February 18-21, 2022
- March 25-28, 2022
- July 7-10, 2022
- August 5-8, 2022
- October 7-10, 2022
- Licensed Mental Health professional and/or therapist (psychologists, social workers etc., including art and music therapists)
- Licensed Speech and Language Therapist or Occupational Therapist
- Doctoral or Master’s-level students in any of the specialties listed above (mist be enrolled and actively taking courses)
- College seniors majoring in Psychology or related fields and interested in working with children. Must have direct experience working with children.
- Complete web-based training
- Attend an on-site training the day before the program (10:00am – 4:00pm)
- Attend the pre-camp Orientation with patients and their families the evening before the program (4:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Attend CommuniCamp in its entirety (8:00am – 3:30pm daily)
- Provide copies of all required clearances (PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal History Record & FBI Background Clearance)
- Be prepared to work with 3-17-year-old children using strategies and concepts from Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum’s Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®) Model
- Report directly to Head Counselor
- Complete daily progress notes for 2-3 children
- Arrive on-time and remain on-site for the duration of the program
- Follow the dress code and behave in a professional manner
- Bring individuality and tons of energy. Be ready to have fun!