If you’re looking to positively impact the life of a child suffering in silence, we encourage you to join us.
We are recruiting volunteer counselors for our upcoming 2018 CommuniCamp™ Intensive Group Treatment Programs for Selective Mutism! CommuniCamp™ is based on Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum’s evidence-supported Social Communication Anxiety Treatment ® (S-CAT®) Model. To learn more, visit www.CommuniCamp.org
Upcoming CommuniCamp™ Program:
- October 5-8, 2018 (Columbus Day Weekend)
- February 15-18, 2019 (Presidents’ Day Weekend)
CommuniCamp™ is a three-day intensive group treatment program for children ages 3-17 with Selective Mutism, Social Communication Anxiety, and Extreme Shyness. CommuniCamp™ is held in the Greater Philadelphia Area in Jenkintown, PA.
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Licensed mental health professional and/or therapist. This includes art and music therapists.
- Licensed Speech and Language Therapist or Occupational Therapist
- Doctoral or Master’s-level students in any of the specialties listed above
- College seniors majoring in Psychology or related fields and interested in working with children. Must have direct experience working with children.
Counselors are required to:
- Complete web-based training
- Attend an on-site training the day before the program
- Attend the pre-camp Pizza Party/Orientation with patients and their families the evening before the program
- Attend CommuniCamp in its entirety (8:00am to 3:30pm daily for three days)
Counselors are expected to:
- Be prepared to work with 3-17-year-old children using strategies from Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum’s Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®) Model
- Report directly to Head Counselor
- Complete daily progress notes for 2-3 children
- Arrive on-time and remain on-site for the duration of the program
- Follow the dress code and behave in a professional manner
- Provide copies of all required clearances (PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal History Record & FBI Background Clearance)
- Bring individuality and tons of energy. Be ready to have fun!
Counselors will receive live training in the S-CAT® model and gain hands-on experience working with children with Selective Mutism.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a CV or resume using the form below. Should you encounter any issues, please send your cover letter and CV or resume to Irina Khrapatina, PsyD at CommuniCamp@SelectiveMutismCenter.org.
Complete the form below to submit your application