How to Join
If you are interested in joining one of our upcoming CommuniCamps, please fill out the CommuniCamp™ Interest Form.
New families must complete a Selective Mutism Evaluation (SME) or similar pre-camp appointment with a SMart Center clinician to formally assess each camper. The evaluation is meant to deepen our understanding of your child/teens’s unique social communication needs. From this, we can determine proper course of treatment and ideal group placement at CommuniCamp™. This will help foster a comfortable, fun, and therapeutic weekend.
For SMart Center families who have not been seen within the past 6+ months, a Follow-Up Consultation may be needed to reassess the child/teen’s social communication stage. Email us with any questions.
The SME includes:
- 1 to 1½ hours in length.
- Virtual or In-person (contingent on Telehealth state regulations); A Selective Mutism Interview can be done for those who reside in states or countries outside our telehealth network
- Allows our team to learn more about the individual’s presenting concerns, any previous testing/treatment, developmental
history, medical/psychiatric/family history, and the patient’s current social and academic functioning.
- A Selective Mutism screening is also included.
- Both the patient and parents participate in this session.
- A post-session brief written summary is included.
Selective Mutism Evaluation: $495
In-Person 3+ Day CommuniCamp™ Program: $1,995
$500 non-refundable deposit to secure seat (goes towards overall fee) and remaining balance due 2 weeks before camp
Are finances an obstacle to care? Apply here and see if your family qualifies for our SMart Center Financial Assistance Program.