The 2018 Selective Mutism Association Annual Conference is scheduled for September 15-16 in Chicago, IL. The SMart Center is presenting the following:
- SM Through the Ages: From Tots to Teens. How Does Clinical Presentation Change and How Do We Adapt Treatment? Presented by Elisa Shipon-Blum, D.O, Irina Khrapatina PsyD
- Breaking the Silence: Barriers to Progress in the Treatment of Selective Mutism Presented by Elisa Shipon-Blum, D.O, Irina Khrapatina PsyD
You can also find us during the poster sessions! Take a deep dive with us into our Selective Mutism research:
- Using Group Treatment to Build Social Communication Skill in Adolescents
- Assessing the Co-Occurrence of Developmental Delays in Children with Selective Mutism
- Exploring the Communicative Profiles of Children with Selective Mutism: How Does Age Impact Language Skills?
- Sensory Processing in Children with Selective Mutism: Examining Gender Differences
Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum is the Founder and Director Emeritus of the Selective Mutism Association (SMA) and a Director of the Selective Mutism Research Institute (SMRI), a foundation established to study Dr. Shipon-Blum’s theories and treatment methodologies on Selective Mutism. Dr. Shipon-Blum practices in Jenkintown, PA, and has developed the evidenced-based Social Communication Anxiety Treatment (S-CAT)® from her years studying and researching individuals with Selective Mutism. She consults worldwide with families, treating professionals, and educators, and has helped thousands of children from around the world overcome Selective Mutism. Based on her successful S-CAT® program, Dr. E also created CommuniCamp™, an intensive group treatment program for children with Selective Mutism, social anxiety, and extreme shyness. In addition, Dr Shipon-Blum is Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychology & Family Medicine at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She is a board certified physician who specializes in Selective Mutism.
For more information on the conference, visit: https://www.selectivemutism.org/event/selective-mutism-association-annual-conference-2018/