If you’re looking to positively impact the life of a child suffering in silence, we encourage you to join us. Click the job titles to read the full description and submit your application below.
CommuniCamp™ is a 3-day intensive treatment program for children ages 4-11 with selective mutism. The program parallels our holistic, evidence-based S-CAT® treatment approach and will be held at the SMart Center and a local school in Jenkintown, PA. Counselors can be undergraduate, graduate, licensed mental health professionals, and speech and language or occupational therapists. Training level will dictate counselor role at camp. Counselors will receive training and experience in treating selective mutism in exchange for their time. In addition, a small stipend will be paid to counselors who complete all requirements.
Counselors are required to:
- Attend camp training on Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 8:30AM – 1:00PM
- Attend the pre-camp pizza party on Friday, October 6th, 2017, 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Attend CommuniCamp in its entirety: Saturday, October 7th, Sunday, October 8th, and Monday, October 9th, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM each day
Counselors are expected to:
- Arrive on-time and remain on-site for the duration of scheduled time
- Arrive to work dressed appropriately
- Be prepared to work with children
- Behave in a professional manner at all times
- Provide copies of all required clearances
Camp will be offered again winter/spring 2018, and priority hiring will be given to returning counselors.
Seeking a neuropsychologist to work as a consultant who can perform an array of testing services at the Selective Mutism Anxiety Research & Treatment Center (SMart Center) in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania (NE suburbs of Philadelphia). Applicants will do testing on children and teens with primarily Selective Mutism, ASD’s, anxiety disorders, learning differences and developmental disabilities.
Seeking a licensed psychologist who specializes in child/adolescents to work as a consultant to treat primarily anxiety disorders at the Selective Mutism Anxiety Research & Treatment Center (SMart Center) in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania (NE suburbs of Philadelphia). Ideally this consultant has an interest in treating children and teens with Selective Mutism and related social communication disorders. The applicant will have the opportunity to be trained and learn the evidenced-based treatment Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®).
Complete the form below to submit your application