If you’re looking to positively impact the life of a child suffering in silence, we encourage you to join us. Click the job titles to read the full description and submit your application below.
CommuniCamp™ is a three-day intensive group treatment program for children ages 4-12 with Selective Mutism, Social Communication Anxiety, and Extreme Shyness. CommuniCamp™ is held in the Greater Philadelphia Area in Jenkintown, PA. To learn more, visit www.CommuniCamp.org
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Licensed mental health professional
- Licensed Speech and Language Therapist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Licensed Therapist, e.g. music therapist, art therapist
- Doctoral or Masters students focusing studies on children and adolescents
- College seniors majoring in Psychology or related fields and interested in working with children. Must have direct experience working with children.
Counselors are required to:
- Complete web-based training
- Attend an on-site training the day before camp and the Pizza Party that evening
- Attend CommuniCamp in its entirety
Counselors are expected to:
- Be prepared to work with 4-12-year-old children using strategies from Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum’s Social Communication Anxiety Treatment® (S-CAT®) Model
- Arrive on-time and remain on-site for the duration of the program
- Follow the dress code and behave in a professional manner
- Provide copies of all required clearances (PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal History Record & FBI Background Clearance)
- Bring individuality and tons of energy. Be ready to have fun!
Counselors will receive training in Dr. Elisa Shipon-Blum’s research-supported S-CAT® model.
Complete the form below to submit your application